[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
• View topic - Mismatch file error?
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Unreal Tournament » MonsterHunt

Post subject: Re: Mismatch file error?
 Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2016 6:03 am 

A BUMP here for the rest of people who still don't get why some files have to be stored in trash-box.

While maps are already done calling some LOUSYPACKAGE, in order to keep server stable at hits granted by such a bad stuff, we have to FIX that FILE, else map won't load it. Blabbering with so called mismatch is your fault. CLIENT MUST STAY CLEAN. Server related stuff goes to server, Client will load skins, consoles and all stuff for client - QUIT UNCACHING habits in your client, they won't help you. Keep client's cache with PurgeCaheDays=0 and WEEKLY you can set UXX files from CACHE Folder READ-ONLY - BASIC PC Operating - read manuals about using a Personal Computer or simply burn it and find another hobby.

And now, Admin Duty, Last files have to be redirected 2015-2016 using UZ if it's used (wrapping them in Commander TimeStamp based), else NONE compression to prevent crashing player at decompressing tiny files.

Aside, if in redirect things are screwed or whatever, I can do a full rebuild of redirect files (UZ, LZMA). Then some admin with a better connection might upload them to Redirect.
Hint no.2: XC_Engine from server is able to replace redirect sending What server HAS with no issues.
In case of a random failure we have "reconnect" command in Menu. I found a few servers last time having flaws but is not a drama. Reconnect was somehow helping if ping or latency is nasty.

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2016 2:54 pm 

Amen. Leaving Cache folder read only is pretty damn bold. Only thing I think was probably doing it after installing ACE, delete the other then set it to read only if the person have a good fast internet.

On the other hand, slow internet users... just better off leaving them in cache only.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:57 pm 

Bump here...
After some study related to preventing mismatch file versions by conforming files, oh well, based on some logic of programming, this is not always an answer. Usually a better file conformed with an older bad one might be different causing some stuff to not match into Net replication (like ReplaceFunction from XCGE, btw, having rules).
I went to rework of original MH and I could see... surprises in game: warpzones rammed, teleporters disabled suddenly, Movers moved too early, some things were reacting strange. When a New MH has not many variables in common with old one we cannot speak about a "conformed" file in the sense of compatibility. I might be doing wrong stuff there, but No errors have been reported just... strange events coming from nowhere were hitting maps. First time I thought that maps were borked, but hey, those were OK for years... So... by fallback to original MH everything was working just fine.
To summarize, this "conform" remake seems a myth - it's a pain. I really believe that Epic did things like that for GAME UPDATES not custom stuff, v436 v440 v451 addressing STOCK FILES. Other files existent in clients and badly conformed will make a mess, client being unable to play the game.
For now, if a file with some package is borked, conforming a fixed one won't always be helpful - a direct sample is a weaponry with bad codes/meshes, client needs good file with any matter. So what we have ? Admins were fixing stuff by replacing files and discarding compatibility idea because it doesn't help at all. Dammit we cannot conform map Deck16][ with DM-Agony - they are different things... :oops:
Once again, big files downloaded in cache can be set read-only even saved in other location for future usage.
For MonsterHunt my last idea was expanding it into a child game, and using the power of XCGE I have rewritten bad functions from there. This way was not a pain, was a new thing better than blabbering a conformed MH. This way seems to not have "events" problems from any kind, it is just working having... some setup to tweak. Maps heavy loaded with a bunch of actors might crash at tweaking movers problems, Ini must be set for more poor tweaks - later the game might go borked due to map setup - a bad map is... a bad map. My current setup involves every tweak but I'm not using maps with 2000+, 4000+ Actors, it's only a pain, it overrides maximum of Net Channels between server and client and game is never smoother regarding to that so called "fun" - I don't see anything funny in a game where actors are warping - this is even worst at 200+ ping.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:53 am 
Site Admin

Imyourmomma has noticed some maps that used to work with default MH and now with XC_MH they either don't load properly or don't function like they use too. I explained to her on steam messenger that maybe original MH ignores these bad maps issues but XC_MH is there to resolve these. I told her we can see if these maps can be fixed and if they are worthy enough too be fixed.

We need to weed out the maps that are not working right but also try to fix ones that the regulars find fun. But not maps with 2000+, 4000+ Actors kinda fun like you said they are messing up client and server obviously.

Nelsona....Thanks for reporting these maps too me on Skype so I can deal with them after my work is finished.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:48 am 

I have deactivated some mover tweaks because maps with 60+ Movers were... not helpful, see logs, it crashed exactly at that that point. So to speak I've held at minimum fixing movers VIA Ini file. If a map will go borked... it's "mapping". So to speak trying to fix more stuff is not a good thing for this Engine with iterations limiter hard-coded.
Other type of problem was that LiandriV2 which I see with troubles here exactly as it was in my server before changing server structure. Now for me is not a problem - at least I did not see it last time as being a trouble maker.
There is another thing noticed by me, something calls multiple times a login - I see multiple copies at speed aligner for one player. I don't know what does that (Nexgen, Valhalla). Also in User.ini Player mentioned on top was BOT - causing other console funky messages - WHY Bot there ?
In other case some skin problem makes Kragoth Bot to look borked - There is some stuff messing Skins around...
These have to be filtered/fixed else server won't be that friendly for game-play.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:14 pm 
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:17 pm 

Some "cute tweaks" are in XCGE actors making even some old versions of NewNet to go borked, I have doubts to see Bots miss-configured since I'm using the same types - for that NewNet I could see some "fixes" at GitHUB - new codes are needed for XCGE so we have a not nice compatibility with default UT - new Net should take in account XCGE or else will go messed up - Like mapVoteX which was running previously as it was. I have removed those tweaks especially because I'm not running v451 and that v440 v436 doesn't have Windows Issues as Linux Issues mentioned at that login problem. When I had problems, all I did was discarding Changes done by Higor, that's it. Bot has nothing evil, is logging system dealing with skins - bad deal. If a moron player is crashing server at login I ban him, I don't need to mess entire server for farts.
Else Bot number 31 can be Removed/Modified if that is the only one with problems.
If I recall, I have posted that issue: SkinX not loaded, so load SkinX - which was somehow a dumb thing logged in console - probably that's explaining those multiple logins spawning aligners.
MBot is simple like a default Bot, I don't see anything else capable of ruining it than skins and/or mods used in server, I'm using these Bots for months with no problems. What I did was only fixing combat codes, adds for navigation, and no touch at skin part. See that MBot can jump from lifts - I will not remove that option because... I have no issues there.
Perhaps I have to backup original XC Actors, dropping them aways and to load... modified actors - like I'm using, and I have no issues with them. I did not see any crash for weeks/months except those which I tested.

To be honest if these server related skins fixes are like that TeleporterFix - then... thanks, I will never use them, because that TelFix is not a fix.

That "failed to load Class MBot_E.MTFemale1Bot" is that first LINE which SHOULD not BE declared Bot in User.INI - blindly replacing things is not good... and... Class Exist anyway, so what exactly could not be loaded and why ? These adds in XCGE are probably what I will never need that's why I was asking for an option to disable them but I did not see that, so I have rewritten them because are server actors and they are not causing any Mismatch.

Board index » Unreal Tournament » MonsterHunt